Systems MD provides computer support and network services to many medical, dental and vision healthcare providers. We bring a wealth of knowledge to many of the software and hardware products currently used by many healthcare professionals as well as a deep understanding of business and security practices.
HIPAA / EHR
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act requires health care organizations and their business associates develop and follow procedures that ensure the confidentiality and security of protected health information (PHI) when it is transferred, received, handled, or shared.
These regulations apply to all forms of PHI especially electronic communication
Systems MD can help your covered entity:
- Ensure the internal protection of individual health information and implement physical and administrative safeguards
- Implement procedures that limit the use and disclosure of PHI to meet the “minimum necessary” standard
- Create and make available documentation regarding the compliance with all the requirements of the regulation
- Ensure that all IT systems meet the current HIPAA and EHR mandates
- Verify that all PHI data stored electronically is properly protected
- Implement tiered IT security
- Enforce password and other security standards across an entire organization
- Provide incident reports and continued audits to ensure an organization stays in compliance